Are you interested in donating your time and talents to help protect the Eastern Sierra’s land, water, and wildlife? Looking for a way to meet new people, learn new skills, and have fun – all while making a real difference in our community? If so, we hope you’ll join our volunteer team today!
Our amazing volunteers know how to get the job done, and they aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty. Whether they live in the Eastern Sierra or only visit on occasion, these “Sierra Stewards” are on the front lines of local conservation: creating safer homes for wildlife, removing trash from our rivers and roadways, teaching local kids about the magic of nature, and lending a hand around the office to help accomplish our important conservation work.
Volunteer Opportunities With ESLT
There are many ways that you can lend a hand to conserve the Eastern Sierra you love:
- Habitat Restoration: Get outside with us to help keep invasive weeds in check, remove trash from our scenic roadways and waterways, and make sure our protected lands are safe, healthy places where wildlife can thrive. Our workdays are often kid-friendly, too – so your whole family can come help out!
- Office Assistance: Come by our office to help us stay organized, answer the phone, and lend a hand with a variety of other administrative tasks.
- Member Mailings: Several times a year, we gather a group of volunteers to help mail updates and newsletters to our members. Join us at our next envelope stuffing party!
- Help Out at ESLT Events: From field trips to fundraising galas, our events are a fun way to meet new friends and get involved in local conservation. We’d love your help as we plan and host our next community gathering.
- Volunteer with Kids: By lending a hand during our Sunflower Garden Project, you can introduce kids to the magic of nature. This is a great way for you to help teach young boys and girls the importance of conservation in a fun, hands-on way.
- Photographers and Artists: Do you enjoy capturing the splendor of the Eastern Sierra on camera, canvas, or in another creative medium? By sharing your art, you can inspire others to care deeply about our region, just like you. Here are a few of the ways that you can help: photographing protected lands; taking pictures during ESLT’s events; sharing digital versions of your art for our use; setting up paint-outs or photography days with other artists; and more.
- Native Plant and Pollinator Demonstration Garden: Calling all green thumbs! We’d love your help at the ESLT office as we keep our Native Plant and Pollinator Demonstration Garden blooming and beautiful.
- Become ESLT’s Next AmeriCorps Member: Do you want to help protect the Eastern Sierra’s wonders while gaining valuable professional experience in the environmental field? Every year, ESLT hosts conservation-minded leaders for an 11 months of service through the Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership (SNAP). SNAP members work with staff, volunteers, and partners to restore wildlife habitat, protect natural resources, engage our community, and so much more. Learn more about SNAP.
- Join an ESLT Committee: Joining one of our committees is a great way to use your expertise to help ESLT make decisions about how we can best promote conservation in our area. Each committee meets at least four times a year – either in person or on a conference call. If you have professional skills that you would like to put to use to support local conservation, contact us and we’ll share more about this unique volunteer opportunity with you.
Do you have special expertise that you feel might be useful to ESLT, but that doesn’t quite fit into one of these categories? Contact us today to let us know how you would like to help out. We’re always looking for new ways to reach out to our community and advance our work.