Visiting Black Lake Preserve. Photo by Heather Freeman.
There are many ways to get involved with ESLT year-round. When you donate to ESLT by mail (P.O. Box 755, Bishop, CA 93515) or online, you’ll be joining a movement to protect the Eastern Sierra’s natural and working lands for future generations.
Giving Tuesday is a global generosity initiative that encourages people and organizations to invest in their communities. Over the past ten years, the idea has inspired hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, volunteer, and celebrate generosity.
What does your positive impact look like? It means protecting special places in the Eastern Sierra like Black Lake Preserve forever. It means keeping muddy boots on the ground for habitat restoration work through donations of funds or tools, or by volunteering to join us for land stewardship days.
No matter how you support ESLT on Giving Tuesday, you will be protecting the vital lands where people find peace, hope, and harmony, and that wildlife rely on for food, homes, and migration pathways.
And there are many more ways you can give to ESLT this Giving Tuesday. Try one of them out this year:
1. Become a monthly donor. 45% of donors nationwide are monthly donors. By spreading gifts out over the year and making the giving process automatic, monthly giving becomes an easier way to support the land protection work you care about. Did you know that it’s also a more impactful way to give? Your automatic monthly donation helps save resources, so more of your gifts go directly towards saving land. You’ll also get a special, exclusive note from the Executive Director each month, updating you about goings-on around ESLT. Join our Bristlecone Grove Monthly Giving Club today and become a part of our sustaining team year round!
2. Ask your employer to match your gift. Many companies will match their employees’ #GivingTuesday donations. If your gift is matched by your employer, and is then additionally matched by a gift from a generous longtime supporter of ESLT, that means your donation to ESLT on November 28th would be tripled! Asking your employer about matching policies is one of the easiest ways to protect more land with your donation. Use this tool to see if your donation is approved to work overtime.
3. Set ESLT as your AmazonSmile recipient organization. If you’re doing your holiday shopping online this year, make sure to support ESLT at no extra charge to you at AmazonSmile! Just use this link to set ESLT as your recipient organization, and then remember to use the smile.amazon.com website instead of the main site. You can set up your Amazon mobile app for AmazonSmile too. Click here for easy instructions! And feel free to reach out anytime to or leave us a message at (760) 873-4554 if you would like any help. We’ll get back to you soon.
4. Give through your donor advised fund (DAF). Donor advised funds allows donors to make charitable contributions that are eligible for tax deductions, and then to recommend grants to their favorite charities from the fund at a later time. Do you have assets in your DAF that could go right to work protecting your special Eastern Sierra places? #GivingTuesday on November 28th is a great occasion to double the positive impact of those funds. And if you don’t yet have one, a brokerage firm or mutual fund company of your choice can help set up your new DAF today. Try Fidelity,Schwab, or Vanguard.
5. Plan a legacy gift. ESLT can assist you with your personal, financial, and estate planning goals by helping you plan a charitable gift that shows your love for the Eastern Sierra. Planned giving is a powerful way to protect this incredible region well into the future. Give ESLT’s Executive Director/CEO Kay Ogden a call at 760-873-4554 anytime for a confidential conversation about how planned giving can fit in your family’s goals.
6. Volunteer with us! Would you like to get out on the land, or hang out with us in the office? We have opportunities for everyone. Reach out to our office at or 760-873-4554 for more information on how you can get involved.
7. Donate photography. Your beautiful images of the Eastern Sierra can help protect this region for future generations. Reach out to our Director of Marketing & Development, Andie Stewart, at or 760-873-4554 for more information.
8. Give tools. Do you have tools in your shed that don’t see the use they deserve? Perhaps our Land Stewardship Team can put them to use! Reach out to our Land Stewardship Program Director Emmie Snead at or 760-873-4554 to ask if your tools can help care for the land you love.
9. Give office supplies. If you have office supplies you’d like to donate, please reach out to Operations Director Carissa Gospodinoff, at or 760-873-4554.